Sunday, June 14, 2009

He Waved Goodbye

It is through lucid dreams that I receive the most vivid spiritual messages.

The day I moved out of my parents home and into my first apartment, my dad had a heart attack. He recovered from it but the doctors told him that his heart was damaged. A large part of it was damaged and not functioning at all.

During that year I had a dream. My dad was standing shoulder-to-shoulder in a crowd of people. He was waving at me as if trying to get my attention. I was elevated so I could see him clearly. The first thought that came to me was,"you're not dead". I consciously found it odd that I would even entertain the idea that he was dead. With that thought he waved at me as if to say, Goodbye." Not thinking to much about it I locked it away in my brain.

I was at work looking forward to my summer vacation but I was in turmoil over this guy I was seeing. He was distancing himself from me, so I felt, because his step-father was in the final stages of cancer. His death was eminent. Not one to be overly attached to anyone I kept thinking to myself, he's not the only one who's dad's going to die. I caught myself processing the idea and became confused. What was I thinking? Was this wishful thinking? No!! So why was I thinking it? My dad had lost a ton of weight, walked every day and was in great shape. Crazy thinking I suppose.

When I arrived at my parents cottage for our family weekend my dad appeared as though he had the flu. Trying to keep a positive attitude he took short walks with my mother's childhood best friend. After one of his walks he appeared ashen in color and exhausted. He laid down to recouperate but as the day progressed his condition worsened. Knowing my dad as well as I did when he asked to go to the hospital I knew something was terribly wrong.

He spent the troublesome night in the village medical center. By morning it was decided he had to go to the city. He was transported by helicopter as we looked on.

In the city we sat quietly in the waiting room for several hours in anticipation. The doctors wouldn't allow us seen him because they thought it might have upset him. He might have suspected by the look on our faces that he was going to die and they wanted to keep him as comfortable as possible. The doctor told us that his heart was three times the size of a normal heart and he was going to die.

They sent us home for a short break but as we walk in the door the phone rang. It was the hospital. My father passed away at 4:20 am.

Everyone around me was crying - some hysterically. But I was calm. I felt a strange peace. I attribute my acceptance of his death to the dream. In that dream he was contented and smiling.

To this day I still miss him. But I feel comforted in knowing that he is home and happy.

Love and Light,

Anne ^i^

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to express yourself.