Monday, June 8, 2009

A Hand From Above

I don't recall the year exactly but I know my husband was working the midnight shift and the kids were just toddlers fast asleep in their beds.

It was one of those nights that my mind was restless and wide awake. A thousand things were bouncing around in my head from the day and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't fall asleep.

I thanked God, out loud, for His blessings of the day and lay flat, in the dark, looking up at the stucco ceiling.

Directly above my head I noticed a flicker of light and searched the room for the cause. It was entirely dark and the tree on the front lawn blocked the light from the street lamp. I stared at it for a short time and it started to grow. I figured that it was my eyes playing tricks on me, like an experiment we did in my college psychology class. If you stare at a light in the dark long enough it will appear to be moving. I blinked and looked away. When I looked back with fresh eye it was still there.

Intrigued, I continued to watch it. It appeared not as a irritating light that would make your eyes water but it was a brilliant light and easy to look at.

I had only stared at it for maybe 30 seconds when it began to swirl and grow into a vortex over my head. I remember thinking I should been apprehensive at this thing over my head but wasn't. I fixed my eyes on it hoping it wouldn't disappear and I would eventually find it's source.

The vortex slowly calmed and a seemingly solid object emerged from it. At first I couldn't make out what it was then I could see it with great clarity. My mouth dropped and I could not believe my eyes. It was a large hand about the size of half of my bed.

Something inside compelled me to remain calm. As I looked up, a brighter light illuminated from behind it as the sun does when it breaks through the clouds in an evening sky.

Still not afraid I reached up and tried to touch it. My hands went through it and I felt contented. Not wanting to let this feeling pass I left my hands in the air. It was a wonderful feeling - one of peace. In an instant it faded away and the room grew dark again.

I was not on medication nor was I sick. I was as awake then as I am now typing this and the memory of it stays with me today.

Some might call it a hallucination or wishful thinking, but I know in my heart that that night I had received a gift from Heaven.

I would love to hear of any similar experiences that you would like to share with me.

Love and Light,

Anne ^i^

1 comment:

I welcome your comments. Feel free to express yourself.